Hampton Township School District
Recognized Club Sports
Recognized Club Sports are not part of the Hampton Township School District program of sponsored activities. A Recognized Club Sport is acknowledged by the Board as an organization comprising Hampton students who have adult supervision and participate in team sport competitions. All Hampton School District students in grades 7-12 participating in a Club Sport are required to have a physical and turn in a physical packet (sections 5 & 6) to the Athletics Office in the High School. All club sports athletes MUST be registered on FamilyID. See the Sports Physicals link for more information and forms. (Please refer to the HAMPTON TALBOTS SPORTS MEDICINE/CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT page for information regarding our trainers and protocols.)
Groups of District students may form a Club Sport with adult supervision.
- All coaches/volunteers MUST turn in criminal, child abuse and fingerprint clearances or if have lived in PA for the past 10 years, in place of the fingerprint clearance can sign the Background Signature Form.
- All coaches/volunteers also need to complete the concussion and cardiac courses and send the certificates to Mrs. Schwab in the Athletics Office. Those two courses are required to be taken every year after July 1. Click here for concussion course and here for cardiac course
- All coaches, volunteer coaches are also required to either provide proof of the Mandated Reporter Training (Act 126), or complete the free training on their own time, before they are able to help with the team (link provided here): www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu (type in to access this) This training must be completed every five years.
Criminal Record Check (online application): https://epatch.state.pa.us/
Child Abuse History Clearance Online: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
FBI – Fingerprint Clearance (this process is initiated online and then you will need to take the PAE # with you to an approved fingerprint site. The UPS store near Atria’s on Rt. 8 is an approved site: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm
Click here for Background Signature Form (in lieu of fingerprint clearance if have lived in PA for the past 10 years.
An active, adult-led recognized organization should have bylaws which address:
- Student participation guidelines and eligibility
- Adult officers, duties, elections, and succession plans
- Communication with the HTSD officials
- Funding arrangements and fundraising
- Financial responsibilities and auditing
- Student conduct responsibilities
- Coach responsibilities and conduct
– Annual updates must be report to the Athletics Director (AD) in written form regarding Club organization, officers, schedules, student participation, finances, etc.
– Accurate schedule information must be given to the Athletics Director’s secretary.
- The Club Sport must:
– Maintain communications with the District regarding organization, facilities and student participation.
– Have access to District physical exams for Club Sports team members.
– Access school facilities as a category user with a permit, when appropriate, for training, practices and games. (School-sponsored teams have priority for facilities use.)
– Respect the use of the District Talbot mascot/logo.
Hampton Crew- The Rowing Team
Head coach: Stephanie Stolhead – firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Tracy Peters – email@example.com
Click here to access the rowing website
Follow on Twitter @hamptonhighrowing
Flock a Friend!
Send a flock of flamingos to their someone’s yard to make a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or any special occasion memorable. Celebrate small with 15 flamingos or go wild with a Super Flock of 100 flamingos. You place the order and our stealth team of rowers installs the flock under the cover of darkness. To submit an order, visit
The Fall Season runs from the week after Band Camp (late August) to the first weekend in November.
In March, a successful Spring Season is the aim of the program. This is side by side sprint racing just like you see in the Olympics. Races are 6-8 minutes long in courses laid out 6-lanes wide. It is very intense and thrilling to watch.
Practice during season – Mon – Thu 4:00 – 7:00 pm at the boathouse by school bus.
Winter practice – Mon – Thu 4:00 – 6:00 pm at the high school.
Bowling – Coach Bob Wallace, assistant BJ Thomas
Ultimate Frisbee – Coach Christy Lawry
Interested in joining the team this year?
**Please email coach Christy Lawry at HamptonUltimateFrisbee@gmail.com
Disclaimer: The links on this page are considered appropriate for students; however, the District cannot be held accountable for the content of pages beyond the District site.